We understand that when you have water damage in your home it can be a hectic time. The damage from water can be expensive, unexpected and completely devastating.
Don't worry, we are here to help! Our water damage restoration and flood damage restoration services are accepted by all major homeowner insurance companies. First, it's important to know what type of water you have in your home or business.
water damage vs. floods
what's water damage?
Water damage in your home usually refers to water in home that did not come from the outside or did not touch outside ground. This type of water damage is usually covered by your homeowners insurance.
what's a flood?
Usually, when your or your insurance company refer to a flood they are talking about external water rising into your residence - such as outside floors, heavy rains, overflowing creeks, etc.
Floods are not usually covered by your insurance company and you might need some sort of outside flood damage insurance.[message type="success|error|info|notice"]We're experience with the insurance claims process. We deal with giant and small insurance companies on a daily basis and we can help you submit your claim properly and effectively the first time around.[/message]
It's important to know that sometimes it's hard to determine the difference between the two types of water restoration. Give us a call at (214) 731-4624 and we'll help you through the insurance process.
filing your insurance claim
The first thing you need to do is contact your insurance provider regardless of the type of damage in your home. If you think for any reason you might have water, flood or any type of damage - contact them immediately.
By using the following tips you can make the process go more smoothly:
- Take notes. Be prepared to answer questions by your adjuster or agent.
- Take evidence. Photos, video and even audio can be extremely important down the line.
- Have your policy number ready and written down.You will be asked to refer to it.
- Remember not to throw away anything - yet. That's our job.
- Keep a running log that lists everyone you spoke with at your insurance company. Make sure to note the time, date, name of the person, and what you talked about.
- Follow up with the company in writing to confirm important details. Keep copies of letters or other documents you and your company send each other.
- Contact our pro's to get a free restoration quote.
The Insurance Claims Process
As soon as you file your claim, you should hear back almost immediately. Most insurance companies will get back to you within 1-2 business days. Try multiple methods of contact if you cannot get someone to call you back.
You should now receive the name and contact information of the person who will handle your claim. Make sure to develop a healthy relationship with this person to ease the water restoration claim process.
call us anytime at (214) 731-4624 to schedule a free estimate.