With winter quickly approaching, it is important to do some maintenance in and around your home to protect it from freezing temperatures. Winterizing can help prevent unnecessary flooding and damage to your home due to frozen pipe bursts. According to the Insurance Information Institute, 7.4% of catastrophic losses are due to freezing temperatures. Follow these steps to winterize your home and protect it from water damage:
- Know where to shut off your houses main water supply in case of an emergency
- Connection your garden hoses and cover outdoor faucets with insulation or covers
- Keep your house at 68 degrees or higher even if you are leaving for an extended period of time
- Wrap pipes with insulation that are near your house or in crawl space
- Turn off the main water to your house if you plan on leaving for an extended period of time
- Allow your faucets to drip slightly
Do You Have Water Damage From a Frozen Pipe Bursting?
If you have water damage from a frozen or burst pipe, call Regent Restoration immediately. We serve the entire Dallas/ Fort Worth area and can arrive at your DFW property within 30 minutes. When we arrive we’ll immediately begin the water extraction process to prevent as much damage to your possessions as possible. Call us 24/7 at (214)-731-4624 and we’ll send a water damage restoration technician to handle your burst pipe emergency.